Custom Search


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Using twitter on cellphone

I have been using twitter from last week and its great way to communicate with friends and relatives. If you do not know what is twitter please go to http://twitter.com web page.

Initially I had problems in adding my cellphone. I am from India and I am using Vodafone connection. Twitter used to give information that I have to send verification code to "5566511". But my repeated attempts went in vain. Messages never got delivered to this number. Then I tried to send verification code to International number "44 762 4801423". But even this message got failed. Then I realized that I had to prefix "+" sign to "44 762 4801423". Thts it my device got verified. :)

After my cell got verified I could see following message:



Now I'm able to update twitter by sending text to +44 762 4801423. Network carrier(Vodafone India) is charging 50 paisa for each message sent to this number.

No comments: